Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Remembering...

Our last picture together. This picture was taken at Jimmy's office after I dropped them off on our last day!
My favorite picture of me and Kayla
My favorite picture of me and Carmen
My favorite picture of me and Chelsey
Chelsey and Kayla at Build A Bear
Me and Carmen at her dance recital
Me and the girls at my shower
Me and Chelsey
Kayla and Carmen last summer after VBS
For those of you who didn't know me before the adoption, I was employed as a nanny for two girls- Carmen and Chelsey. When I started, Chelsey was twelve and Carmen was four. They are now 6 and 14. During that time I was undergoing fertility treatments and taking care of them afterschool and it was exactly what I needed. It took care of some of my "mothering" needs! They also rode the ride of international adoption with us and were at the airport to welcome us when we came home with Grace. It wasn't until towards the end of my employment that Kayla entered the scene. Jimmy (Chelsey and Carmen's dad) began dating Laura (Kayla's mom) so I got to spend a little time with Kayla as well. When school started back this year I gave my notice because I knew we would be traveling to China. I have missed them so much! You can't be a daily part of someone's life for almost two years and completely cut off ties. I still feel a protectiveness of them like I did when I was with them everyday. I don't get to see them as much as I like, but we do keep in touch and I still keep tabs on them! I wanted to post because I know they check the blog and I wanted them to know how very much I miss them and think of them often! Even though I don't get to see them daily anymore there is a part of me everyday that looks at the clock and knows they are getting out of school and wondering how their days went. Especially around holidays like Valentines Day. I hope we can get the girls together soon! I need my fix! Chelsey, Kayla, and Carmen- I miss you and love you very much!

No comments: